Photo

New Toy to speed up production

5 replies to this topic

#1 fibrca

fibrca
  • Members
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:Fly Fishing, Fly tying, Rod Building.

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:04 PM

I'm all the time short with time, so I bougt new toy to speed up a process a litle.

Now I can varnish 4 pice rod in one session.

IMG_5051.jpg

IMG_5057.jpg

#2 Raven Rods

Raven Rods
  • Members
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:No where near good fishing water.

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:27 AM

Let us know how it works & how you like it. That would be handy for the guys that don't have long work benches, like me. I also have to apply epoxy in sections due to space limitations. 

#3 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,688 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:43 AM

Nice setup.  Is there some sort of mandrel to hold the upper sections  in place?  The grip would be no problem, I would think.  Thanks for sharing.  Have fun. 

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#4 fibrca

fibrca
  • Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:19 AM

Let us know how it works & how you like it. That would be handy for the guys that don't have long work benches, like me. I also have to apply epoxy in sections due to space limitations. 

Hello

This works fine. I build 3 rods in few days, before I need a week for one.

You can use it as table top, or you can mount it on the wall.

You have chuck jaw to hold blank in place ant this is it.

It save a lot of time for me

#5 Bigdadyrods

Bigdadyrods

"Life is hard;It's harder for stupid people"John Wayne

• Super Moderators
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:49 PM

I have two of these. Bought one several years ago and just picked up another last year that was slightly used. My old one doesn't have the rubber band hooks like the new one does. I use one for long rods and the other for short pieces of a multi piece rod.

The only issue I have is that the grip comes loose once in a while if not tightened down securely. Why do you think they have the grips with rubber bands? As for turning sections of a rod on this, I built several shafts that are sloped to fit into just about any piece of rod. If not, tape always help to build it up make it tight.

Randy

#6 fibrca

fibrca
  • Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:11 AM

I have two of these. Bought one several years ago and just picked up another last year that was slightly used. My old one doesn't have the rubber band hooks like the new one does. I use one for long rods and the other for short pieces of a multi piece rod.

The only issue I have is that the grip comes loose once in a while if not tightened down securely. Why do you think they have the grips with rubber bands? As for turning sections of a rod on this, I built several shafts that are sloped to fit into just about any piece of rod. If not, tape always help to build it up make it tight.

Randy

;), I had the same expiriance. I'm thinking to updrage it with metal springs.

I build some shafts to, It is much easier to work.

IMG_5104.jpg

IMG_5107.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users