Photo

Organizing for a build

4 replies to this topic

#1 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,688 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:00 AM

When I first started building back in the late Miocene Age, I was concerned about misplacing or losing things, especially small things like guides, hook keeps, tip tops.  Then a stroke of genius struck me!  :o We have collected an assortment of the plastic containers that held lunch meat.  Some are big enough for a 7 inch grip!  I put all the components in the container and label it with a piece of masking tape (builders have a good supply of tape).  Then I know where everything is and can pull the container off the shelf when working on a particular rod.  Just an idea that maybe can be of benefit to others.

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#2 Nate

Nate
  • Members
  • 305 posts
  • Interests:All things fishing
    Mood music
    Jeeps
    Pugs

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:47 AM

Good idea...I have one of those small bins with the sliding drawers from Walmart.  All the parts for a particular rod go in an individual drawer.  With so many personal projects I wanna do I am running out of drawers though

-OIIIIIIIO-Jeepin

Stik-N-String Custom Rods

#3 phg

phg
  • Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:34 PM

I use a zip-lock sandwich bag for everything but the grip.  Just another way....

#4 FisherQueen

FisherQueen
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:19 PM

I have several trays originally designed to hold food (directly on the tray, not on plates) in some kind of institution we should all be grateful not to be in.  But with five compartments each, one (the starch compartment?) big enough for the grip, they are great for building prep.

#5 Smallmouth Bass

Smallmouth Bass
  • Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:59 PM

I use empty tray from tackle boxes

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users