New 240g tank build

57 replies to this topic

#31 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:24 PM

Another full day of work done on it today. Mucho progresseo'! :)

hKvtO2.jpg
 qoOoOb.jpg

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

#32 BGreer

BGreer
  • Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:29 AM

Steve,

I'm always amazed by your 'rock' backgrounds.

I think your 'rock sculpting' gets better with each project.

Brian

#33 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,686 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:47 AM

Mucho progresseo'!

Looks good.  You have spent a lot of time on this, it seems.  Looking forward to the finished project.  With the low ceiling, you might have to resort to a side-arm cast. ^_^

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#34 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:32 PM

Rk5gIO.jpg

You might be an aquarium/fish nerd when the answer to the question of "what are you doing tonight" is...."Oh not much, just building a stalactite/stalagmite for my tank"..lol

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

#35 Scott81375

Scott81375
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:38 PM

Rk5gIO.jpg

You might be an aquarium/fish nerd when the answer to the question of "what are you doing tonight" is...."Oh not much, just building a stalactite/stalagmite for my tank"..lol

While watching breaking bad!! Lol

Looking good Steve!!

#36 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:04 PM

Yep, my favorite TV series ever. Been a couple years since I watched it all the way through so started re-watching the entire series again while I work.

mcfr.jpg

#37 Scott81375

Scott81375
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:44 PM

10-4 on that one. One of my favs for sure.

#38 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:59 PM

Have you been watching the spin off ? (Better Call Saul). It's not on par with the drama/action of Breaking Bad but it's pretty decent.

mcfr.jpg

#39 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:54 PM

aCBP1x.jpg
 iGEIDW.jpg

Bit more progress for the night.

mcfr.jpg

#40 Scott81375

Scott81375
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:09 PM

Have you been watching the spin off ? (Better Call Saul). It's not on par with the drama/action of Breaking Bad but it's pretty decent.

I watched the first couple of them and was getting into it, but life got in the way. I'll binge watch on Netflix when work gets slow. Lol

#41 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:11 PM

The entire first season of Better call Saul was a bit slow moving, second season started to pick up a bit better pace though. Worth catching up on when ya get time, third season starts sometime this month now.

mcfr.jpg

#42 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,686 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:52 AM

stalactite/stalagmite

I thought they died out in the late Jurassic period. :P  BTW, that one picture does look like a T. rex foot.

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#43 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:51 PM

They were left over from the Jurassic period....just like you! :P :P

mcfr.jpg

#44 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 08:42 PM

fl0XBd.jpg

Took just a tick under 50hrs of carving but finally all the carving and texturing is thankfully done. Next step I get to look forward to is probably another 20 hours of dryloking/painting/sealing. Probably take a break from it for a few days at least though before starting that stage.

mcfr.jpg

#45 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,686 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:35 AM

And I always thought that was Ron.  B)

John T.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users