Zoo Christmas lights

3 replies to this topic

#1 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:16 PM

Every year we got to the Detroit zoo Christmas light display they put on. They decorate a pretty large portion of the front part of the zoo and have I believe a couple million lights in total. They really do just a beautiful job of it. Takes well over 90 mins to walk through and take it all in. Just got back home and thought I'd share a few of the pics with you guys.

qNivFE.jpg
 mHdME2.jpg
 jdCNwn.jpg
 1Qc4wj.jpg
 lEu630.jpg
 DFtUBB.jpg
 zjaWKL.jpg
 AZawjo.jpg
 vjZK0u.jpg
 aXA8na.jpg

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

#2 jsid6g

jsid6g
  • Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:38 PM

they did a supper job on the lighting,  just like you do  on the rods you build,  thanks for the show 

#3 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,686 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:58 AM

Awesome light display.  BTW, those are some great photos.  I would think night would be a challenge.  Thanks for the pictures.  Now, when is the car show next year? Enjoy looking at the muscle cars from my younger days.

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#4 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:17 AM

Thanks. Yes Christmas lights can be a difficult thing to shoot crisp pics. Actually any night pics without a flash can be hard. I shot these with a lower f stop of about 3.5. 1/25 shutter speed and ISO of 400 all from a monopod and probably 90% of them came out really well. Also used an 8 point star filter on the lens which makes for some nice effects with Christmas lights.

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users