#1 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:21 PM

zPDrSB.jpg
 xmxMiI.jpg

Well after about 8 hrs of work today I have my tree up and ready for Santa to fill underneath it with fishing and aquarium goodies. Switch all 1500 lights on the tree over to LED this year, that should help cut the electric bill quite a bit.

How about everyone sharing their tree's pics here. Time the get the Christmas spirit going ;)  Even you Scrooge, .......er, I mean Ron.

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

#2 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,686 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:34 AM

Bah!  Humbug!  Scrooged again!

I'll say one thing, Steve, when you go, you go all out, no matter what it is.  Looks real "Christmassy" if there is such a word.

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#3 Goduster

Goduster
  • Super Moderators
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:23 PM

OK, mine's up. Wife gave me 200.00 to go pick out a tree, and said I could use the rest for rod building. Really cannot figure her out sometimes, now she is mad at me for some reason

Tree_zps4fyi71dv.jpg

Ron Weber
Southwest Custom Rods

www.southwestcustomrods.com

Your Lemke reel seat dealer
http://www.southwest...l-seat-hardware

Authorized  Snake Brand guide dealer

#4 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,686 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:22 PM

She should be glad that the room smells like a pine tree.  After all, you could have spent the $200 foolishly.  However, after careful consideration and observation, she will tell you all your gifts will fit under the tree.

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#5 phg

phg
  • Members
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:38 PM

This isn't our family tree, but it's a little Norfolk Island Pine that I've been putting in the front window for over 20 years.  By keeping it in a smallish pot, it has become semi-bonsai.  This past year I pruned it, for the first time, and was pleasantly surprised that it responded positively.  It spends the warm months outside on the east side of the house where it gets morning sun.  I'll do some more shaping in the spring, and am looking forward to it spending many more Christmases in the front window.

IMGP3431_zpss6bb6wk9.jpg

Wishing all a very Merry Christmas and a healthy and prosperous New Year!

#6 rhossack

rhossack
  • Members
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:55 PM

We don't do Xmas trees but the nice one I made last year out of a giant "Pine Scented Tree" seems to have been misplaced by someone.  I spent a lot of time drilling holes and putting LED lights in from the backside of the stinky air freshener and hanging it off the hearth.

So this is my contribution to the thread ...

2873154Xmastreefly.jpg

“He who is without sin let them cast the first stone and make sure it’s a biggun, cause not many are going to come”.

#7 rhossack

rhossack
  • Members
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:57 PM

OK, mine's up. Wife gave me 200.00 to go pick out a tree, and said I could use the rest for rod building. Really cannot figure her out sometimes, now she is mad at me for some reason

Are you deathly sick my friend?   I see a Duraflame box in the picture and it's still in the 80º+ there?

“He who is without sin let them cast the first stone and make sure it’s a biggun, cause not many are going to come”.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users