5 years smoke free

4 replies to this topic

#1 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 03:02 PM

Today is the 5 year anniversary of the day that I quit smoking cold turkey back on Good Friday of 2011. One of the wisest choices I have ever made in my life to date. Lungs and overall health today is just vastly better than I was 5 yrs ago!

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

#2 Greg LaPolla

Greg LaPolla
  • Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 03:47 PM

Congrats!  I quit about 24 years ago!

#3 fibrca

fibrca
  • Members
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:Fly Fishing, Fly tying, Rod Building.

Posted 26 March 2016 - 12:47 AM

Congratulation. I quit long time ago, didn's smoke for 9 years and I start again (:

Now I'm preparing my self to quit again.

#4 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,686 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 06:11 AM

Congrats on the five years.  Wise move on your part!  FWIW, I have three close friends who literally kilIed themselves by smoking over the years.  I have a cousin who said that the cigarette was the hardest habit to kick.  He has only about 30% of heart function now.

My father said I could smoke and drink when I got too old to chase women.  Getting close!

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#5 John A.

John A.
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 08:46 AM

Congratulations Steve!!!!

John A.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users