Spey rods and the Au Sable

3 replies to this topic

#1 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 03:06 PM

Just returned home from 3 full days on the Au Sable. Couldn't have had a better trip. My fishing buddy & I were using the new spey rods I just built for us and not only did they work wonders in spots too tight for normal single handed fly rods, but the trout Gods were kind to us and most the trout on the spey rods were all very nice fat healthy 16" to 18" Rainbows and browns. Really enjoyed using the spey rods, won't be giving up my single handers anytime soon, but will for sure be grabbing the spey on a regular bases on trips. A great time with a good friend catching great trout on what to me is the most beautiful river anywhere. Now it's time to finish a couple rods orders and tie some streamers to restock the flies I lost on this trip and then get ready to head back up for another 3 days in about a week.

nx0Y9V.jpg
LZnN6u.jpg
Dc2ldS.jpg
MkwotV.jpg
oOPved.jpg
LSv6eu.jpg
j3Ck6t.jpg
q13liX.jpg
dtgmzN.jpg
LMaG6U.jpg
c4UIr6.jpg
oEYZJ0.jpg
hgLyOC.jpg

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

#2 shortstack

shortstack
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 05:58 PM

nice D-loop!

Looks like some nice days on the water.  I too love my DH rods; they've opened up a whole new set of opportunities. 

#3 jfred17

jfred17
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:04 AM

Nice work!!!

#4 Carl Z

Carl Z
  • Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:02 PM

It's amazing what a few weeks do to the temperature.  You were wearing a sweat jacket at the beginning of the month.  

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users