Wrapping single foot guides

single foot guides rubber band

1 reply to this topic

#1 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,681 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 10:54 AM

My wife found something that seems to fit the bill!  She found some thin black rubber hair bands and brought them home to try.  I cut them and loosely tie them on the blank in the area where the guide will be placed.  I mark the spot, move the band and slide the guide foot under the band.  I pull the ends to tighten the band and cut the one end that would be in the way of wrapping.  Once they are tightened, they will not loosen.  After wrapping most of the guide, I can cut the band with a craft knife or gently pull it so the cut end slides under the band and comes off.  The first batch was from CVS pharmacy.  Yesterday, I got 500 at Dollar Tree.  FYI, they are in a plastic pack, SKU 39277 77029.  Did I mention they are only a dollar? <_<

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#2 Nate

Nate
  • Members
  • 305 posts
  • Interests:All things fishing
    Mood music
    Jeeps
    Pugs

Posted 06 October 2016 - 10:36 AM

I use the same things...but rather than cut them, i slip them through a bead and and just snug the bead up to the blank

-OIIIIIIIO-Jeepin

Stik-N-String Custom Rods

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: single foot, guides, rubber band

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users