blank finish

2 replies to this topic

#1 Munozafa

Munozafa
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 06:43 PM

Hello friends,

Maybe someone could point me in the right direction whether that's a previous thread or just some info. I recently sanded the resin ridges off of a glass blank and I'd like to give it a light gloss finish now, maybe something I could rub on rather than dip or brush. Any suggestions? This blank will flex quite a bit so hopefully something appropriate. Thanks!

MM

#2 lymanx

lymanx
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 02:05 PM

Sorry I didn't see this sooner, been quite busy lately. For a tough urethane blank coating I always use Bullards CPXtra. It gives a little more working time than other moisture curing urethanes, and does not solidify in the bottle before the next time you go to use it. I keep it in it's original bottle (upside down in a baby food jar in case of leakage) and I know it lasts at least 2 years that way. Available from VooDoo rods.

#3 Sr SQ1

Sr SQ1
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:39 AM

Sorry I didn't see this sooner, been quite busy lately. For a tough urethane blank coating I always use Bullards CPXtra. It gives a little more working time than other moisture curing urethanes, and does not solidify in the bottle before the next time you go to use it. I keep it in it's original bottle (upside down in a baby food jar in case of leakage) and I know it lasts at least 2 years that way. Available from VooDoo rods.

X2

I have used CPXtra and Lumiseal with the CPXtra being easier to use IMO

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users