Au Sable boat box #2

5 replies to this topic

#1 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:50 PM

Last year I made a streamer box for when I'm ripping big streamers out in my boat during July, so I decided I could use a second one in the boat this year so I made another one this weekend (the blue one). I make these out of $9 boxes from Michaels then line them with 1/4" thick closed cell foam, used the same foam as a fly drying patch on top the lid, and attached a foam handle. The image on the lid is one I made combining the silhouette of a pike caught on last years trip with the world as the background. Time to tie/load them up fully for the annual 16 day fishing trip next month thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

#2 2 X

2 X

Recovering streamer addict

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:02 AM

Every great streamer box has 20lb. Maxima in it!

Jeff
If it ain't working, add more weight.

#3 spflugradt

spflugradt
  • Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

Steve, if I may ask.... how exactly did you attach the foam to the box? Also where did you buy sheets of 1/4" foam? We have our 2013 fly tying class coming up and we try to exchange some form of gift between all of us instructors (4 of us) since do it for free we call it our payment to one another. I think this would be absolutely awesome.

Steve
Steve
Look out plan "W" could be exicuted at any moment.....

#4 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:47 AM

I get the 1/4" foam at my local Michaels craft store Steve. And I just used some Gorilla glue to glue it into the box.

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

#5 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,688 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:09 AM

Great idea! How did you do the grpahics on the box?

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#6 spflugradt

spflugradt
  • Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:23 AM

I know Steve has a water slide decal printer......... assuming that is what he used. Thanks for the info I'll be at Micheals today.

Steve
Steve
Look out plan "W" could be exicuted at any moment.....

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users