• 147 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (sb-canerods @ Sep 26 2013, 03:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anyone the taper from Bjarne Fries from the Pendular 9,3ft #4
or the Antigravity 8,6ft 3/4 or 4/5?

BR
Simon

Simon,

I believe Bjarne's tapers are not in the public domain, which is understandable since he is still building his wonderful rods.

Tim

#3 rsa

rsa
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE (sb-canerods @ Sep 26 2013, 02:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anyone the taper from Bjarne Fries from the Pendular 9,3ft #4
or the Antigravity 8,6ft 3/4 or 4/5?

BR
Simon

Simon, I'm sure you remember Hans J.Schlecht from your country. He used to build rods "alla" Fries, with the bamboo ferrules and if I remember correctly, ..as was written on his website, " with Bjarne's permission" his tapers. One of the Schlecht's models was 9'3''#4. You may ask on german forums if somebody have that particular rod. After that measuring the rod is, as you know relatively easy..

r smile.gif

#4 Tim Anderson

Tim Anderson
  • Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE (rsa @ Sep 28 2013, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Simon, I'm sure you remember Hans J.Schlecht from your country. He used to build rods "alla" Fries, with the bamboo ferrules and if I remember correctly, ..as was written on his website, " with Bjarne's permission" his tapers. One of the Schlecht's models was 9'3''#4. You may ask on german forums if somebody have that particular rod. After that measuring the rod is, as you know relatively easy..

r smile.gif

That Hans Schlecht built Bjarne's tapers with Bjarne's permission does not put those tapers in the public domain. If Simon wishes to build such a rod for his own personal use, then measuring one of Schlecht's rods to obtain the taper would probably be acceptable. If Simon wishes to produces those tapers commercially, then he should ask Bjarne's permission just as Hans Schlecht appears to have done.

For those who don't know, Bjarne Fries supports himself with rod building. Under those circumstances, selling rods built to his tapers without his permission is ethically questionable.

Tim

#5 rsa

rsa
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:43 AM

I agree on all you said Tim. thumbsup.gif

r wink.gif

#6 sb-canerods

sb-canerods
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:48 PM

I don't want to build the same Taper wheter commercial or for my personell use.
I' m just interested in the Tapers for such long rods. In this winter i want to build also a long rod, but not copy a taper.
Simon
www.sb-canerods.de
Finest Bamboo Rods
Simon Bauer

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users