Login and password

login password

7 replies to this topic

#1 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,681 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 05:14 PM

Mystery to me.  I was on vacation for eight days and today I had to login to get onto the forum.  However........my user name and password wouldn't be accepted.  How come????  Had to get a new password through the website.  Curious if one is set aside if not active for a certain time.

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#2 Goduster

Goduster
  • Super Moderators
  • 4,925 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 05:28 PM

Thought it had been nice and quite around here, except for the influx of spammers I have been catching

Ron Weber
Southwest Custom Rods

www.southwestcustomrods.com

Your Lemke reel seat dealer
http://www.southwest...l-seat-hardware

Authorized  Snake Brand guide dealer

#3 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,681 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 03:38 PM

Gee thanks, Ron.  If you foot the bill, I'll be glad to go on another vacation after the wifey retires July 31.  Check's in the mail? B)

John T.

Marriage is like a deck of cards- in the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  In the end, you wish you had a club and a spade.

#4 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

Administrator/River Rat

• Members
  • 10,491 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:23 PM

I knew it was too peaceful around here lately, now I know why :P

John the fact that you got logged out means it was something on your end, the site doesn't log anyone out unless you didn't have that option clicked. Gotta be something with the computer on your end would be my thoughts. Everything is fine on this end.

mcfr.jpg

“If you say that getting the money is the most important thing, you'll spend your life completely wasting your time. You'll be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don't like doing, which is stupid. Better to have a short life, doing what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=VPCp5xsP-vk

#5 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,681 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 09:39 AM

Don't know what happened.  I did have two related websites went through a mandatory change in passwords to enhance security.  Spent part of yesterday morning coming up with new passwords.  Need to get a new computer.  This one runs on coal or wood.  Anyone remember Windows 7?

John T.

#6 Goduster

Goduster
  • Super Moderators
  • 4,925 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 10:48 AM

Thats all I run on mine is window 7 professional

Ron Weber
Southwest Custom Rods

www.southwestcustomrods.com

Your Lemke reel seat dealer
http://www.southwest...l-seat-hardware

Authorized  Snake Brand guide dealer

#7 jimbofish

jimbofish
  • Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 11:04 AM

I did have two related websites went through a mandatory change in passwords to enhance security. 

I did too, although this wasn't one of them.  Here I've only had to login manually a few times recently..

More annoying is that the New Content options seem to change by themselves from the last visit.  I usually click on View New Content and leave the option set to New Since My Last Visit. 

Recently I've been getting Sorry, no new content found or a really long list of topics that go back farther than my last visit.  When I look at the options list, the check mark has moved to another time setting or there is a check on one of the Other options.  Changing them back corrects everything to what it should be, but it's a mystery why it's started doing this.

#8 John T.

John T.
  • Members
  • 5,681 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 01:02 PM

Gremlins, I'll bet.  Everything is OK now.  Now to get two more websites going again.

John T.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users